Thursday 13 August 2015

Dear diary

So that's it. I've taken the jump and typing my first blog post. Well, that's not really a blog per se, but an online diary, somewhere I can dump the many racing thoughts in my head. Why now? Why not! Now seems to be as good a time as ever - 5 weeks ago I decided to dump my unappealing job as project manager at a gambling company to take another unappealing job as a project manager (not at a gambling company). Except that this time I'm my own boss. Yep that's right, I'm now officially a contractor.

If I'm honest my first contract is pretty good, I work for and with good folks, I get to meet a lot of new people and I get to not know where the hell I will be in 3 months time. What's not to love about it? Then again, I've been fortunate enough to have my contract extended so I have more time to think where I want the wind to take me next. That's the upside of my situation, I can move on when I want and go pretty much where I want to, once the cat and house are taken care of, of course.

Which leads me to the other big change in my life - I want to explore more of the world. Now, how cliché does this sound? I made a decision a couple of weeks ago to take a contract abroad next. I've been craving sunshine for a long time and the (lack of) summer this year has pushed me over the edge. I mean, 12C?? In the summer? This is borderline taking the piss, even for the UK. It's the first time ever that I've really wanted to be back home, for the heatwave that my compatriots have been enjoying for weeks.

So that's it then. I've made some decisions, so what next? Well, err... back to work tomorrow I guess and enjoy my time at my foster company. Oh and network, network, network! Extend my circle of acquaintances, make everyday a great day, be grateful for I've been blessed with so far and learn the lessons from times when I wasn't so blessed. Peace and love.


Quote of the day:

“If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal.” - Paolo Coelho
(if you haven't read The Alchemist, you must!)

No comments:

Post a Comment